We offer online video therapy for all Florida residents. Available research shows online therapy is just as effective as meeting in person and can be far more convenient.
Video therapy is identical to Skype, except much more confidential and no need to download any extra apps or software, unless using your phone. We use one secure centralized system to make appointments, send you paperwork, store information, and attend video therapy. All you need is a device with a built-in or external camera, an internet connection, and a room where you are safe from interruptions.
Benefits of Online Video Therapy
- Cuts out the need to drive to and from the office
- You can log in from the comfort of your own home
- It’s easier to fit in sessions between the busyness of life
Are you feeling unsure about using online video therapy? Or maybe you’re ready to hop right in and start. Either way, it’s really important to us that we get to know you first, so we can answer any questions you have and try the process out. If you are willing to give it a shot, we offer a free 20-minute online video consultation. This gives us a chance to see what it might be like to work together online. If you realize online video therapy isn’t for you, no hard feelings. We’ll do our best to find someone that is closer to you.
How Does it Work?
It’s actually pretty simple. In most cases, we will follow these steps:
- You can either schedule your free consultation above, or you can give us a call at 813-531-9433 ext. 2.
- After we get you scheduled, we’ll email you a link to a secure online client portal where you’ll submit initial paperwork.
- The day before your consultation, you will receive an appointment reminder email with a link that directs you to the client portal. Click on this link 5-10 minutes before your appointment time to get set up.
- Once in the client portal, click “Join Video Call.” And that’s it!
- If we’re a good fit, the therapist will schedule your initial session before the end of the consultation. Every session after the consultation will work the same as steps 3 and 4 above.
- * See the “Do I need to download anything?” FAQ below if you plan on using your phone for the appointment.
Why should I try online video therapy instead of in-person?
If you feel a little weird about trying online video therapy, we get it. We were pretty skeptical of it too, even with the researchshowing it can just as helpful as in-person therapy. However, not only is it effective, it’s far more convenient. You can connect on your break from work, at home, or anywhere else where you have a little privacy and an Internet connection.
This can be especially useful if you have a really busy life and don’t have time to drive all the way to an office, if you don’t have a therapist nearby or if you feel more comfortable in your own home.
But here’s the thing. You’ll never know for sure whether you’ll feel comfortable with it until you try it out. That’s why we offer a free 20-minute consultation.
Do I need to download anything?
Do I need a camera?
Yes. Most newer laptops come equipped with a built-in camera but some do not. If you need to buy an external camera, we suggest you place it at the top-middle of your screen.
Should I use headphones?
We highly recommend you wear headphones with a built-in microphone. Not only does this enhance the audio on both ends, it keeps our session more confidential if there are others around you.
What happens if we lose connection?
We make every effort to ensure our connection is strong prior to providing online video therapy. With that said, technology is imperfect. If we lose connection or the video drops out, we will immediately call you to try again. If we can’t figure out how to reconnect, our last resort is to finish our session over the phone or reschedule.
Where should I sit?
We recommend finding a space where you have privacy from others to discuss confidential information. It helps to place the PC or laptop on a steady surface to reduce shaking.
How much does it cost?
Free 20-minute consultation
$185 for the initial 1.5-hour session
$150 for every 50-minute session thereafter
Will my insurance cover it?
Most insurance carriers cover telehealth services at the same rate as in-person appointments, but it is best to check with your insurance. View our insurance policy here.