In 2018, Dr. Zack attended the Florida Firefighter Health and Safety Collaborative Clinician Awareness Program (CAP), a 2-day workshop organized by firefighters across Florida. This intensive workshop provides clinicians the opportunity to sample daily experiences of fire service personnel.
Since attending these workshops, Dr. Zack became increasingly involved with several departments around Tampa Bay, including completing a 24-hour ridealong with the Clearwater Fire Department, visiting several stations across Hillsborough County, and attending presentations and workshops across the state focused on behavioral health in the fire service.
Dr. Zack’s involvement with Fire Service includes:
- Member of Fire Service Psychological Association
- Clinical Coordinator for the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Peer Support Team
- Co-led presentations on the psychological impact of fire service for new recruits at HCFR
- Responded as the on-site clinical member of a county-wide call-out effort
- Clinical member of the Tampa Bay Regional Critical Incident Team